Join our growing team! At HITEC DENTAL CERAMICS, we are investing in digital technologies and expert technicians to help us deliver world-class products and support to our customers and their patients. We offer on-the-job training as needed to improve employee skill sets.
To supervise the production process of a department that fabricates zirconia crowns from dentist prescription forms and repair such devices per customer orders. Our fixed prosthetic products consist primarily of crowns and bridges involving the designing of cases for the implant, PFM coping wax-ups, diagnostic wax-ups, die trim, and creation of implant tissue.
Depends on the level of experience and knowledge. but the range would be $50K ~ $100K. Also, a Sign-on bonus of $2,000 paid after 90 days.
APPLICATION OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The CAD/CAM Manager will supervise the production processes of milled crowns, bridges, and 3D models.
• Supervise technicians in the fabrication of milled and printed products
• Design crowns and bridges for milling of zirconia products including implants and anterior cases
• Assign cases to appropriate technicians based on technician’s knowledge, experience, and ability
• Coordinate the workflow of customer cases within the department from initial setup to completion of products
• Interface with vendors and doctors by email and phone regarding cases, material selection, technical issues, and delivery dates
• Evaluate customer cases and production schedules to ensure timely completion of work
• Inspect customer cases at key stages in the fabrication process to ensure specifications and standards are met
• Fabricate, alter or repair dental products according to dentist’s instructions
• Responsible for evaluating the performance of technicians
• Handle customer complaints, communicate case alternatives with customers, take responsibility for department production.
• Ensure that proper maintenance and safety procedures are followed by technicians
• Maintain a neat and clean department workspace to prevent workplace damage and minimize the potential for injury
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• At least 5 years of experience in CAD/CAM designing and milling complex cases involving implants, anterior and bridges
• Must speak some English but not required to be fluent.
• Experienced in the selection of zirconia materials for milling of crowns
• Minimum two to three years specialized training in CAD/CAM dental technology
• Certified Dental Technician (CDT) certification preferred but not required
• Must exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance when managing the department, supervising employees, and working with customers
• Experience with 3Shape Scanners and Design Software
• Experience with Zenotec milling equipment
• Requires flexibility and adaptability to meet laboratory demands
• Ability to communicate with lab personnel and customers regarding technical ramifications and appliance designs
• Must be able to motivate and direct the work of other technicians, create an environment of teamwork and be willing to answer questions
• Ability to work with limited supervision
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS/EQUIPMENT USED:
• Exposure to laboratory environment with some dust and heat due to the use of grinders, lathes, ovens, burners, and steamers
• May require sitting for long periods of time, uncommon posture when fabricating appliances, and continuous maneuvering of hands and fingers while working with small tools
• Required to wear safety goggles and in certain cases surgical masks
Hitec Dental Ceramics EEO Statement:
Hitec Dental Ceramics is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider all applicants and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, including but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, and uniformed service member status, or family status. As an Equal Opportunity employer, Hitec Dental Ceramics strives to recruit, hire and promote a diverse workforce, and comply with applicable laws and ordinances governing non-discrimination in employment where we operate.